Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 5,6,7

Is that cheating to combined.....oh well, my blog, my rules.....I have been thinking about this though and they all go together ......

I listened to one of my favorite new country songs the other day...'Dirt Road Pray'. I love the line that goes

"It doesn't matter how long it's been, I can talk to God like he's my best friend"

So this line lead me to Day 5..... I am thankful for pray, and the knowledge that I have of the principle of pray and the faith that I have in it's power and ability to help and comfort. I don't know how anyone gets through the day without knowing that there is always a greater power who cares and loves me and knows me personally, always there willing to listen and help.

This line from the song also lead me to Day 6.....I am thankful for not a dirt road pray but the pray of a young 14 year old boy, Joeseph Smith. This summer Flemming and I had the opportunity to travel with the youth to Palmrya NY.....we had the opportunity to walk in the woods where the blessed but simple event took place.....a boy "lacked knowledge" so he asked his Heavenly Father for help and guidance, and the rest is history. What a testimony building experience it was to take that trip this summer and learn more about the Prophet Joseph Smith. I am thankful that he was humble enough to ask and brave enough to listen.

And that leads me to Day 7..... I am thankful for my belief and testimony of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints......

2 comments:

llilli said...

i have loved reading your "thankful posts"... so thoughtful, heartfelt and uplifting.

thank you for sharing.

KSA said...

Thanks llilli.....you may have just encouraged me to write more.....funn how time getsmaway from us