My friend and I have been using the term "magic" for things good things that happen in our lives that can not be explained. If I called these occurrences "miracles" I feel like people would think I was exaggerating. Really what these situations are, are proof to me that the hand of God is present in my life daily ... sometimes big things, often time small things, but always these things witness to me that he cares and loves me and those around me.....it is just like "magic".....
So last Thursday Kate came home from school not feeling well. So she tucked herself in and did not go to her gymnastics practice. (just an update: Kate is currently a level 6 gymnast. She spends 15 hours a week at the gym, 3 4 hour practices, 1 3 hour practice) I went to book club and on my way home her coach called me (you know the one she spends 15 hours a week with and has know her since she was 3.....) She told me that she just quit. Two weeks until the first competition and she quit....(not judging because there was a lot going on and everyone got to do what they got to do.....but she quit) Needless to say I was devastated....so sad...she meant the world to Kate and worked really well with her. I spent time on the phone that night with other parents and the gym owner mostly crying and each expressing the hard situation we were in. qualified Gymnastics coaches are hard to find....this is a part time job but requires definite skills. So I was stressed, I woke up Friday still stressed. I knew I was not ready to talk to Kate about it yet (I would have just broke down and cried) So I left for work and told Flemming to just keep her home, because she was sick) and tell her latter.That day I got this note from Kate
*
Kate Aase
October 28Sent from Chat
Kate Aase
o
Mom I love terri and I don't want her to go she knows me so well and I new couch will take 3 years to get as close of a friend to me As Terri help me mom I need a hug but don't cry I love you
Ouch...my heart went out to her. We had a parent meeting on Saturday to discuss the situation. It was clear to everyone that we were in a bad situation. She competes for a small gym that also specializes in cheer leading....the gymnastics staff is already spread thin and this just made it worse....whattodo whattodo whattodo.....
So Monday was Halloween so we did not practice and Tuesday I get this note in my in box.....
Subject: New Instructor
Date: Tue, Nov 1, 2011 12:06 pm
I have a new instructor coming in today to work with the girls. She was an elite gymnast and is qualified to teach up to Level 10. She is also a choreographer and is in the process of being able to judge. Her name is Tessa Schafor. The only issue we see is the start time. She will do the test run today in traffic to see if she can get here by four (kids have to get home from school). If not, we may have to adjust the start time. We will be setting up a meeting so that she can meet the parents and let everyone know about her background.
Jeanne
Its like Magic.....or like the song says "an Ordinary Miracle"......
The best part is that Kate Loves her.......
No comments:
Post a Comment