Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Water Park Fun


















The kids had a day off from school a couple of weeks ago. One of those teacher work days. So we headed to the new Water Park of America. I had been dying to try it out and was hoping to pick a day when it was not packed. Well we picked a great day. The weather had been so bad outside, I needed to be able to pretend that it really was summer. We had a fun day with very few people there. One of the attractions is a "Wave Rider" I have included a few videos of this activity. Basically you jump on to your boogie board and the water acts like the real waves. It even tosses you around if you get thrown off the board like the real ocean would, but you do not come up with a mouth full of sand. Enjoy the pictures and don't laugh to hard or I will never include a picture of myself again. The first video is Maren (my Niece and than me. Don't laugh about how I beached myself, a lot of the riders were doing that) The second video is Abby. You get to see a pretty good wipe out. She also had a rough start so the guy helped her start from the bottom. That is what you see in the video

5 comments:

Dina said...

I couldn't figure out where you had gone when you went backwards in that wave. Looks fun--even for moms! :)

Wendy Knowlton said...

I love that you put a video of yourself on here! It looks like you guys had a blast. Hopefully you will be there long enough for us to come up to visit again and check it out for ourselves :)

Erin said...

That looks like so much fun, and there will be no comment on "beaching" yourself... although there will be a few giggles.

The Smith's said...

Welcome back to the blogging world...i was starting to wonder what happened! I know I have ups and downs also - sometimes there is just nothing to write about.

Thanks for the message!
Marci and family

Anonymous said...

How fun! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!