Saturday, July 19, 2008

Swimming



Abby had a swim meet today. She did great!! I love to watch her swim, (even with the early start time 6:30 a.m. warm-up). She cut time in all of the events she swam and is really improving in the accuracy of her strokes. The thing I love about swimming as a sport is that each time you get up to compete you are trying just to do a little better than you did last time, and that's all a mom, a coach, or yourself can ask. Just a little better each time, and those little betters add up to a little more success and improvement. Just like in life......And I think I remember some wise council that was given once "We all should try to be a little kinder, a little more patient, a little nicer to our neighbors or loved ones......" That's all we need to do, just try and improve a little each day, (and enjoy yourself in the water)





One other thing I love about my Abby and swimming.....She is always the first in line to cheer for her team-mate, and isn't that what we all need, somebody always ready and willing to cheer us on.....


6 comments:

onecent said...

YEAH ABBY!!!!! she is so cute! what a great girl!

(and YEAH for you posting a blog again.. i check everyday! ok, not that I'm much better!)

onecent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
onecent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
llilli said...

go abby! watching children do something they love is a gift. thanks for sharing.

emily said...

Way to go Abby!!!

tracysinc said...

hi kristi! flemming told me about the blog. it's awesome!

I'm so excited Abby is a swimmer- a girl after my own heart!

hope you all are doing well--

Tracy Sinclair