Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Could it be Magic....


I bought my mom tickets for Barry Manilow this year for her Birthday.

 Long story short, I owed it to her.

 A few years ago in MN I won tickets to his concert on the radio....I was so excited...Flemming was a little less than excited and suggested that I fly my mom out for the show. Well, best made plans, her plane did not make it...so Flemming had to go to the show with me. I think a part of him became a "fanilow" that night....

But this time it was Moms turn...
Who knew that a 78 year old women, who has seen hundreds of Broadway Shows, had never been to a live concert. She Loved It. Best Birthday Present Ever.... and I loved being there with her. My Mom loves big events. She loved the unity in the room. She loved how loud it was so we could all just sing along and not bother anyone. She loved the dancing. Her word for the night...Liberated....She just felt so Liberated. I am a little worried she may become a groupie....

and yes those are tears coming down her cheeks ... she was so happy

1 comment:

Dina said...

Awww, love this.