Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nauvoo

This past week the girls and I took a quick trip to Nauvoo. My college roommate, Gina Fuller, and her cute family had the opportunity to be part of the cast. What a great experience for them. We loved being there and got caught up in the excitement of it all.
My favorite part was catching up with my dear friend and having so many people bear testimony to me and my children of the great acts of courage taken by the saints in Nauvoo. Makes me wonder and hope that I would have that much courage and faith.



Kate loves Naovuu. She remembers being there two years ago with friends. She has a picture of the temple in her room and is convinced that is where she is going to get married.
On this trip she loved meeting the actor that portrayed Joesph Smith, and I must say he did a fantastic job. Most of all was so kind and gracious to Kate. I think she thought it was really him.








Maddie and Abby loved the whole spirit of Nauvoo too. They love to listen to the different missionaries tell interesting facts about the early saints. They also enjoyed meeting my friends and their kids, loved the pageant and the "Country Fair" before the pageant. Maddie is going on a youth trek tomorrow so she thinks that this experience prepared her well.



1 comment:

Erin said...

Looks like you and the girls had so much fun!!! I'm bummed we missed you by a day. It would have been fun to see you.